New roads. New lessons.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Remembering Rwanda

Last summer, God allowed me to travel to Rwanda with Africa New Life Ministries and an amazing team from the Portland area. I thought the trip would be the culmination of a 5 year heart preparation journey that I knew would take me to Africa. You see, 5 years ago, Invisible Children came to our church in AR and shared what was going on over in Uganda. Leaving the presentation, I looked at my husband and told him I would be going to Africa one day. He just chuckled. I had no idea where or when I would go, I just knew that I would. Thankfully, God knew. He determined that it would be Rwanda and in August 2011. Crazily, it wasn't the culmination, but rather just the beginning of a new adventure. You can find the emails I sent to my supporters during the journey as posts. Its so fun to look back while preparing for another trip to Rwanda in July. This time, my girl will be on the team. Its going to be a fun run!

No comments:

Post a Comment