New roads. New lessons.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rwanda Email #1

We made it safely to Rwanda. Long but smooth travel. It is so wonderful and very surreal  to be here. Flying in you could see the very hilly terrain and lots of dirt roads. The housing/buildings range from mansions and modern buildings  to clay structures. There is a haze of smoke/smog that hangs over the city since people burn their garbage themselves. Our welcome was fun! All our luggage arrived! We took a quick tour of the city after arriving and then had a yummy dinner at the guesthouse. After a quick shower, I hopped in bed and slept like a rock for about 6 hours, tossed and turned for 3. Now it is about 5am and I am super excited b/c today I get to meet Clementine, our sponsor child, and her mother! I'm not sure how often I can send updates. The internet is hit of miss and slow when it is up. I will do my best. Much love to you all. D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment